AIREX T10 is a closed-cell, thermoplastic and recyclable polymer foam with a very homogeneous cell structure, high mechanical properties and an outstanding price / performance ratio.
It has an extraordinary resist-ance to fatigue, is chemically stable, UV-resistant and has negligible water absorption. It is thermally stable during high temperature processing and post curing without after ex-pansion or out-gassing. T10 is designed for easy use with all resin systems and processing technologies.
AIREX T10 is ideally suited for high volume applications of lightweight sandwich structures subjected to static and dynamic loads and/or exposed to elevated tempera-tures during manufacturing.
- Very high compression and shear properties
- Outstanding fatigue strength
- Homogeneous cell structure
- Easy to process with all types of resin and lamination processes
- High process temperature up to 150°C (short peaks up to 180°C)
- Good adhesion (skin-to-core bond)
- Excellent long term thermal stability, up to 100 °C (212 °F)
- No water absorption, after expansion nor out-gassing
- Recyclable and recycled material
- Highly consistent material properties
- Comprehensive material traceability (machine-readable batch information on each foam sheet).
- Road Structural and semi-structural parts in interior and exterior of cars Sidewalls, floors, skirts/covers of trucks
- Wind energy Blades (shear webs & shells), nacelles
- Marine Hulls, decks, superstructures, bulkheads, stringers, interiors
- Industrial Covers, containers, X-ray tables, sporting goods
- Contact molding (hand/spray)
- Vacuum infusion (VARTM)
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
- Pre-preg processing
- Compression molding (GMT, SMC)
Find out more statistics here: